Antibacterial and antifungal studies of some derivatives of Tributyltin (IV) of salicylic acid
- 1Department of Chemistry, Hindustan Institute of Technology and Management, Keetham, Agra, 282 007, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 7, Issue (5), Pages 18-20, May,2 (2018)
The organotin compounds are widely used as biocidals. Some derivatives of Tributyltin (IV) of salicylic acid have been synthesized in different molar ratios. The synthesized products were analyzed by elemental analyses and various instrumental techniques. The antibacterial studies of the synthesized derivatives have been evaluated through their Minimum Inhibitory Concentration values both on gram +ve (Staphylococcus aureus) and gram -ve (Escherichia coli). The antifungal studies of the synthesized compounds have been evaluated through their Minimum Inhibitory Concentration values both on Aspergillus niger and Candida albicans fungi. These derivatives have shown increased antibacterial and antifungal activities than the ligand.
- Arakawa, Y. (1989). Main Group Metal Chem., 12, 1., undefined, undefined
- Saxena A.K. (1987)., Organotin compounds: toxicology and biomedicinal applications., Applied Organometallic Chemistry, 1(1), 39-56.
- Gupta P.R., Mishra R.C. and Dogra G.S. (1981)., Efficacy of granular and seedling-dip treatments against mandibulate pests infesting cauliflower., Indian journal of agricultural sciences., 51, 514.
- Mittal P., Pachouri M.K. and Sharma R.C. (2006)., Studies on Monobutyltin (IV) Derivatives of 3-hydroxy-2-naphthoic acid., Asian J. of Chemistry, 18(1), 737-739.
- Mittal P., Pachouri M.K. and Sharma R.C. (2006)., Pesticidal Behavior of Monobutyltin (IV) Derivatives of Salicylic acid against Red Flour Beetle., J. Ind. Council Chem., 23(2), 23-26.
- Mittal P. and Pachouri M.K. (2012)., Characterization and pesticidal studies of some new Dibutyltin (IV) derivatives of 1-hydroxy-2-naphthoic acid., Res. J. chem. Sci., 2(4), 61-63.
- Mittal P., Pachouri M.K. and Singh N.P. (2013)., Synthetic, characterization and pesticidal studies of Dibutyltin (IV) derivatives of salicylic acid., Res. J. chem. Sci., 3(3), 79-81.
- Pachouri M.K. and Mittal P. (2014)., Characterization and Pesticidal Studies of Dibutyltin (IV) Derivatives of diphenylamine-2-hydroxy-2'-carboxylic acid., Res. J. chem. Sci., 4(1), 75-77.
- Pachouri M.K. and Mittal P. (2015)., Synthetic, characterization and pesticidal studies of Dibutyltin (IV) derivatives of diphenylamine-2-amino-2'-carboxylic acid., Res. J. chem. Sci., 5(1), 88-90.
- Mittal P. and Pachouri M.K. (2016)., Structural and Pesticidal Studies of Monobutyltin (IV) Derivatives of 1-hydroxy-2-naphthoic acid., Res. J. Chem. Sci., 6(2), 37-39.
- Ohsawa T., Takagaki T., Haneda A. and Oishi T. (1981)., Dissolving metal reduction by crown ether-hydrogenolysis of alkyl fluorides., Tetrahedron Letters, 22(27), 2583-2586.
- Gaur D.P., Srivastava G. and Mehrotra R.C. (1973)., Organic derivatives of tin V. Synthesis and reactions of alkyltin trialkoxides., Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, 63, 221-231.
- Vogel A.I. (1975)., Quantitative Inorganic Analysis, Longmans, London.
- Kettle S.F.A. (1975)., Coordination Compounds., Thomas Nelson and Sons, 168.
- Bellamy L.J. (1962)., The Infra-red Spectra of Complex Molecules., Methuen, London.
- Nakanishi K. and Soloman P.H. (1962)., Infra-red Absorption Spectroscopy., 2nd Ed., Holden-Day, London.
- Silverstein R.M., Bassler G.C. and Morrill T.C. (1981)., Spectrometric Identification of Organic Compounds., John Wiley, New York.
- Brown M.P., Okawara R. and Rochow E.G. (1960)., Infrared spectra of some methyl derivatives of germanium and tin., Spectrochimica Acta, 16(5), 595-601.
- Pardhy S.A., Gopínathan S. and Gopinathan C. (1983)., Titanium (IV) and Tin (IV) Derivatives of Salicylaldehyde Hydrazone and 2-Hydroxyacetophenone Hydrazone., Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic and Metal-Organic Chemistry, 13(4), 385-395.
- Peruzzo V., Plazzogna G. and Tagliavini G. (1970)., The preparation and properties of some trivinyltin carboxylates., Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, 24(2), 347-353.
- Srivastava T.N., Singh J.D. and Mehrotra S. (1985)., Synthesis, Reactivity and Structural Aspects of Some Organotellurium (Iv) Oxinates., Indian Journal of Chemistry Section A-Inorganic Bio-Inorganic Physical Theoretical & Analytical Chemistry, 24(10), 849-851.
- Asahi Research Centre Co. Ltd. Tokyo (1985)., Hand Book of Proton NMR Spectra and Data., 2nd & 4th, Academic Press, Japan.
- Rohde W., Cordell B., Webster R. and Levinson W. (1977)., Inhibition of amino acyl tRNA synthetase activity by copper complexes of two metal binding ligands N-methyl isatin beta-thiosemicarbazone and 8-hydroxyquinoline., Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)-Nucleic Acids and Protein Synthesis, 477(2), 102-111.
- Dutta M.M., Goswami B.N. and Kataky J.C.S. (1987)., Studies on Biologically-Active Heterocycles. 2. Synthesis and Antifungal Activity of Some New 2-Substituted-Amino-5-(2, 4-Dichlorophenyl)-1, 3, 4-Oxadiazoles and Thiadiazoles., Journal Of The Indian Chemical Society, 64(3), 195-197.