Evaluation of water quality index for ground water in Dapoli, MS, India
- 1Dept of SWCE, CAET, DBSKKV, Dapoli, MS, India
- 2Dept. of SWE, CTAE, Udaipur, Raj, India
- 3DBSKKV, Dapoli, MS, India
- 4Dept of SWCE, CAET, Rahuri, MS, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 7, Issue (4), Pages 32-35, April,2 (2018)
In the present paper, ground water samples from different location of Dapoli block has been collected and analyzed for different physico-chemical factors. Water quality index of ground water supported on the basis of collected data from Dapoli block, were evaluated for factors viz. TDS, pH, Total Hardness, Cl, Nitrate and Sulphate, etc. The WQI calculate showed that maximum numbers of wells varies in between good to excellent class. A small number of water specimen came in the class fair to poor class representing that water was suitable. The WQI was excellent in the study area. It was concluded from the results obtained that ground water quality of Dapoli block is suitable for consumption purpose.
- GSDA (2014)., Report on the dynamic ground water resources of Maharashtra, GSDA, Pune., Water Supply and Sanitation Department, Government of Maharashtra and CGWB, Central Region, Nagpur MoWR, GoI, February 2014.
- Ketata M.R., Gueddari M. and Bouhlila R. (2011)., Use of Geographical Information System and Water Quality Index to Assess Groundwater Quality in El Khairat Deep Aquifer (Enfidha, Tunisian Sahel)., Iranica Journal of Energy and Environment, 2(2), 133-144.
- Yogendra K. and Puttaiah E.T. (2008)., Determination of water Quality Index and Suitability of urban water body in Shimoga Town, Karnataka., The 12th World Lake Conference, 342-346.
- Challerjee R., Tarafder G. and Paul S. (2009)., Groundwater quality assessment of Dhanbad district, Jharkhand, India., Bulletin of Engineering Geology and Environment, 69(1), 137-141.
- Mitra B.K., Sasaki C. and Keijirou E. (2006)., Spatial and temporal variation of ground water quality in sand dune area of aomori prefecture in Japan., ASAE Annual Meeting (p. 1). American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers.
- Tiwari T.N. and Mishra M. (1985)., A Preliminary assignment of water quality index of major Indians rivers., Indian Journal of Environmental Protection, 5(4), 276-279.
- Khan F., Husain T. and Lumb A. (2003)., Water quality evaluation and trend analysis in selected watersheds of the Atlantic region of Canada., Environmental Monitoring and assessment, 88(1-3), 221-248.
- Boyacioglu H. (2007)., Development of a water quality index based on a European classification scheme., Water Sa, 33(1), 101-106.
- BIS (2003)., Indian standards specifications for drinking water IS: 10500., Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- Sinha D.K. and Saxena R. (2006)., Statistical assessment of underground drinking water contamination and effect of monsoon at Hasanpur, J.P. Nagar (U.P., India)., Jour. Environ. Sci. Engg, 48(3), 157-164.
- Joseph K. (2001)., An integrated approach for management of Total Dissolved Solids in reactive dyeing effluents., International Conference on Industrial Pollution and Control Technologies, Hyderabad.
- Swarna Latha P. (2008)., Studies on spatial and temporal changes of land use and land cover, groundwater quality and shoreline of Greater Visakhapatnam municipal corporation, Andhra Pradesh, India using remote sensing and GIS techniques., Ph.D. Thesis Andhra University, Visakhatapatnam.