Synthesis, spectral characterization and biological activity of some novel quinoline substituted Thiazolo [4,5-e] azepines derivatives
- 1Department of Chemistry, Banasthali University, Banasthali-304022, Rajasthan, India
- 2Department of Chemistry, Banasthali University, Banasthali-304022, Rajasthan, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 10, Issue (2), Pages 21-31, June,18 (2020)
A novel series of Quinoline substituted thiazolo fused azepines (3a1-3c3) were synthesized via condensation of N-(5-arylidene- substituted-2-benzylthiazolidin-4-oxo-1,3- thiazolidine-3-yl)-(8-quinolin-yl oxy)-acetamide series (2a-2c) with O-phenyldiamine, O-aminophenol, O-aminothiophenol respectively in the presence of glacial acetic acid and methanol. Compound (2a-2c) were synthesized by condensation of key starting compound N-(4-keto-2-arylthiazolidin-3-yl)-2-(benzazine-8yloxy)ethanamide (1a) with various types of aromatic aldehydes. All these novel compounds were characterized by spectroscopic interpretation methods (i.e. MASS, IR, 1H NMR) and elemental analysis. For all these compounds we have used the micro dilution format to check the amount of antimicrobial agents that is needed to inhibit growth of specific microorganisms.
- Rajendra, S. P. and Kavembu, R. (2002)., Synthesis and antifungal activities of Schiff bases derived from 3-amino-2H-pyrano[2,3-b]quinolin-2-ones., Ind. J. Chem., 41B(1), 222-224.
- Marciniec, K.., Pawełczak, B., Latocha, M., Skrzypek, L., Azek-Jurczyk, M. M. and Boryczka, S. (2017)., Synthesis, Anti-Breast Cancer Activity, and Molecular Docking Study of a New Group of Acetylenic Quinolinesulfonamide Derivatives., Molecules, 2(2), 300-319.
- Patel, N. C. and Mehta, A. G. (2001)., (1, Asian J. chem., 13(4), 1385-1388.
- Bari, S. S., Sharma, A. K. and Sethi, M. K. (1998)., Synthesis of 3-Phenylthio-azetidin-2-ones., Indian J. chem., 37B(7), 1114-1119.
- Pingaew, R., Prachayasittikul, S., & Ruchirawat, S. (2010)., Synthesis, cytotoxic and antimalarial activities of benzoyl thiosemicarbazone analogs of isoquinoline and related compounds., Molecules, 15(2), 988-996.
- Liu, H. L., Lieberzeit, Z. and Anthonsen, T. (2000)., Synthesis and Fungicidal Activity of 2-Imino-3-(4-arylthiazol-2-yl)-thiazolidin-4-ones and Their 5-Arylidene Derivatives., Molecules, 5(9), 1055-1061.
- Pitta, E., Tsolaki, E., Geronikaki, A., Petrovic, J., Glamoclija, J., Sokovic, M., Crespan, E., Maga, G., Bhunia, S. S. and Saxena, A. K. (2015)., 4-Thiazolidinonederivatives as potent antimicrobial agents: microwave assisted synthesis, biological evaluation and docking studies., Med. Chem. Commun., 6(2), 319-326.
- Nitsche, C., Schreier, V. N., Behnam, M. A., Kumar, A., Bartenschlager, R. and Klein, C. D. (2013)., Thiazolidinone peptide hybrids as dengue virus protease inhibitors with antiviral activity in cell culture., J. Med. Chem., 56(21), 8389-8403.i
- Hu, J., Wang, Y., Wei, X., Wu, X., Chen, G., Cao, G., Shen, X., Zhang, X., Tang, Q., Liang, G. and Li, X. (2013)., Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel Thiazolidinone derivatives as potential anti-inflammatory agents., Eur. J. Med. Chem., 64(6), 292-301.
- Devinyak, O. Zimenkovsky, B. and Lesyk, R. (2012)., Biologically active 4-thiazolidinones: a review of QSAR studies and QSAR modeling of antitumor activity., Curr. Top. Med. Chem., 12(24), 2763-2784.
- Bhaumik, A., Chandra, M. A., Saha, S., Mastanaiah, J. and Visalakshi, T. (2014)., Synthesis, characterization and Evaluation of Anticonvulsant activity of some novel 4-thiazolidinone derivatives., Sch. Acad. J. Pharm., 3(2), 128-132.
- Raza, S., Srivastava, S.P., Srivastava, D. S., Srivastava, A. K., Haq, W. and Katti, S. B. (2013)., Thiazolidin-4-one and thiazinan-4-one derivatives analogous to rosiglitazone as potential anti-hyperglycemic and antidyslipidemic agents., Eur. J. Med. Chem., 63(5), 611-620.
- Sharma, A. and Sharma, A. (2010)., Synthesis, physicochemical and antimicrobial studies of first row transition metal complexes with quinoline derivatives nitroquinolino[3,2-b][1,5]benzodiazepine and nitro quinolino[3,2- b][1,5]benzoxazepine., Orbital: Elec. J. Chem., 2(3), 277-287.
- Sangu, S., Vema, A., Bigala, R. and Gadipalli, S. (2012)., Synthesis and antimicrobial evaluation of some novel quinoline incorporated Azetidinones, Thiazolidinones., J. Pharm. Sci. Inn., 1(1), 41-43.
- Barry, A.L. (1976)., The Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test: Principle and Practices., Lea, I; Febiger, Eds; Philadelphia: PA, USA, 180.