Strategies for enriching collection development in the digital era
- 1SVKM’s NMIMS Navi Mumbai Campus (Deemed to be University), Kharghar, Navi Mumbai-410210, India
Res. J. Library Sci., Volume 6, Issue (2), Pages 1-4, February,21 (2018)
This paper elaborates about how collection development can be cared out to fulfill the user demands with advancement of technology. The paper throw lights on changing patterns of procuring library resources, retrieval of information, changing reading patterns among users community. Problems, challenges occurred in developing digital collection also been discussed in this paper. This paper also highlights on tools should be adapted by librarian community to enhance collection building.
- Kavitha R. (2009)., Collection development in digital libraries: trends and problems., Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 2(12), 68-73.
- Muthu M. and Veerapandi M. (2013)., Collection Development and their Strategies, Policies for Libraries: A Modern Era., Library Progress International, 33(1), 61-75.
- Somerville M.M. and Brar N. (2009)., A user-centered and evidence-based approach for digital library projects., The Electronic Library, 27(3), 409-425.
- Mansur Sunil (2012)., E-Resources collection Development in engineering college libraries: a challenge for knowledge centre managers., International Journal of Digital Library Services, 2(1), 166-177.
- Kenchakkanavar A.Y. (2014)., Types of e-resources and its utilities in library., International Journal of Information Sources and Services, 1(2), 97-104.
- Horava T. and Levine-Clark M. (2016)., Current trends in collection development practices and policies., Collection Building, 35(4), 97-102.
- Behera J.K. and Singh S.P. (2011)., Problems and challenges of collection Development of Indian libraries in digital era-an assessment., Researchers World, 2(1), 133.
- Kaur R. and Gaur R. (2017)., Collection development in Academic Libraries with special reference to Digital Era., International Journal of digital library services, 7(2), 107-114.
- Susana Sánchez Vignau B. and Lourdes Presno Quesada I. (2006)., Collection Development in a digital environment: an imperative for information organizations in the twenty-first century., Collection Building, 25(4), 139-144.
- Muthu M. (2014)., Competencies, Types and their Strategic thinking for LIS Professionals in Modern Era., International Journal of Librarianship and Administration (IJLA), 5(1), 61-80.