Application of nonlinear Schrödinger equation in optical communication - a review
- 1Kodla B.K.A. Vidyamandir, Kodla , Murshidabad-742405, West Bengal, India
Res. J. Physical Sci., Volume 6, Issue (5), Pages 8-10, October,4 (2018)
With the help of Hamilton's variation principle, Non-linear Schrödinger equation have been obtained by introducing an additional term of higher order to the Lagrangian density in the Schrödinger field which is equivalent to Gross-Pitaevski equation. Here, the coefficient of nonlinearity is very small. Then we have discussed its applications in optical communication in short.
- Shabat A. and Zakharov V. (1972)., Exact theory of two-dimensional self-focusing and one-dimensional self-modulation of waves in nonlinear media., Soviet physics JETP, 34(1), 62.
- Hasegawa A. and Tappert F. (1973)., Transmission of stationary nonlinear optical pulses in dispersive dielectric fibers. I. Anomalous dispersion., Applied Physics Letters, 23(3), 142-144.
- Kivshar Y.S. and Agrawal G. (2003)., Optical solitons: from fibers to photonic crystals., Academic press.
- Chakraborty D., Jung J.H. and Lorin E. (2013)., An efficient determination of critical parameters of nonlinear Schrödinger equation with a point-like potential using generalized polynomial chaos methods., Applied Numerical Mathematics, 72, 115-130.
- Hasegawa A. (1990)., Optical Solitons in Fibres., Springer-Verlag, New York.
- Wu X.Y., Zhang B.J., Liu X.J., Xiao L., Wu Y.H., Wang Y. and Cheng S. (2010)., Derivation of nonlinear Schrödinger equation., International Journal of Theoretical Physics, 49(10), 2437-2445.
- Abedi K., Ahmadi V., Gholmohammadi S., Darabi E. and Yavari M.H. (2005)., Soliton solution of nonlinear Schrodinger equation with application to Bose-Einstein condensation using the FD method., In Advanced Optoelectronics and Lasers, 2005. Proceedings of CAOL 2005. Second International Conference on (Vol. 2, pp. 164-167). IEEE.
- Donley E.A., Claussen N.R., Cornish S.L., Roberts J.L., Cornell E.A. and Wieman C.E. (2001)., Dynamics of collapsing and exploding Bose-Einstein condensates., Nature, 412(6844), 295.
- Montesinos G.D., Pérez-García V.M. and Michinel H. (2004)., Stabilized two-dimensional vector solitons., Physical review letters, 92(13), 133901.
- Yajima N., Oikawa M., Satsuma J. and Namba C. (1975)., Modulated Langmuir waves and nonlinear Landau damping., Rep. Res. Inst. Appl. Mech.(Kyushu Univ.), 22(70), 89-100.