Stock assessment of the Thinspine Sea Catfish Plicofollis Tenuispinis (Day, 1877) Landed along veraval Centre of Saurashstra, North Western Coast of India
- 1College of Fisheries, JAU, Junagadh, Indian Council of Agricultural ReCollege of Fisheries, JAU, Junagadh, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Indiasearch, India
Res. J. Marine Sci., Volume 8, Issue (1), Pages 1-9, December,13 (2020)
Stock assessment Studies on Plicofollis tenuispinis (DAY, 1877) fishery landed along the Veraval Centre of Saurashstra, North Western Coast of, India were carried out from March 2016 to February 2017. This study suggested with major resource conservation strategies for the optimum sustainable judicious exploitation of the P.tenuispinis fishery stock exploited along the coast.
- FAO SOFIA (2016)., FAO the state of world fisheries and aquaculture., Available at http://www.fao.org/3/a-i5555e.pdf./> accessed date on 19 October 2019.
- FAO SOFIA (2018)., FAO the state of world fisheries and aquaculture., Available at http://www.fao.org/3/a-i5555e.pdf./> accessed date on 2 November 2019.
- Anonymous ICAR, (2017)., Ministry of Agriculture and farmers welfare., ICAR report on Indian fisheries on a fast track. Available at http://www.icar.org.in/en/node/5112> accessed date on 1 April, 2017.
- Srinath, M. Somy Kuriakose and Mini, K. G. (2005)., Methodology for estimation of marine fish landings in India., CMFRI Special Publication. 86, 57.
- Pauly, D. (1984)., Length converted catch curves A powerful tool for fisheries research in the tropics (part-II) ICLARM., Fishbyte, I2(1),17-19.
- Beverton, R. J. H. and Holt, S. J. (1957)., On the dynamics of exploited fish populations., Fish Invest. Sec., 11(19), 533.
- Gulland, J. A. (1979)., Report of the FAO/IOP workshop on the fishery resources of the Western Indian Ocean South of the Equator Mah?., Seychelles 23 October-4 November 1978. Rome, FAO, IOFC/DEV/79/45:1-37.
- Gayanilo, F. C. Jr.; Sparre, P. and Pauly, D. (2005)., The FAO-ICLARM stock assessment tools II (FiSAT II) users guide., FAO computerized information series (fisheries). Revised version. No. 8, Pp. 126. FAO, Rome, Itali.
- Thompson, W.F. and Bell, H. (1934)., Biological statics of the Pacific halibut fishery. 2. Effect of changes in intensity upon total yield, and yield per unit gear., Rep. Internat.Fish.comm.8,48pp.
- Beverton, R. J. H., & Holt, S. J. (1964)., Tables of yield functions for fishery assessment (No. 38)., Fisheries Division, Biology Branch, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
- Pauly, D., (1978)., A discussion of the potential use in population dynamics of the interrelation- ships between natural mortality, growth parameters and mean environmental temperature in 122 fish stock., ICES CM. 1978/G: 28 Demersal Fish Committee: 36 p.
- Pauly, D. (1984)., Fish population dynamics in tropical waters; a manual for use with programmable calculatiators., ICLARM stud. Rev. 8, 325P.
- Pauly, D. (1984)., length converted catch curves: A powerful tool for fisheries research in the tropics. (III: conclusion)., ELEFAN system for analysis of length-frequency data in fish and aquatic invertebrates. ICLARM conf. proc., 13, 7-34.
- Anonymous, CMFRI eprints, (2017)., Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute eprints, status of exploited marine fishery resources of India., Available at http://eprints.cmfri.org.in/28/1/14.pdf/>accessed date on 27 February 2017.
- Dan, S. S. (1980)., Age and growth in the catfish. Tachysurus tenuispinis., Indian J. Fish., 27(1&2), 220 - 235.
- Dan, S. S. and Mojumder (1981)., Mortality rates and yield per recruit of catfish Tachysurus tenuispinis (Day, 1877)., Indian J. Fish., 28(1&2), 41-46.
- Das, N. G., Majumder, A. A. and Sarwar, S. M. M. (1997)., Length - weight relationship and condition factor of Catfish Arius tenuispinis (Day, 1877)., Indian J. Fish., 44 (1), 81-85.
- Mehanna, S. F., Zaki, S., Al-Kharusi, I., Al-Habsi, S., & Al-Kiyumi, F. (2012)., Stock assessment of the thinspine sea catfish Tachysurus tenuispinis (Day, 1877) in the Arabian Sea, Oman. In: INOC-CNRS., International Conference on Land-Sea Interactions in the Coastal Zone. Jounieh, Lebanon. 430-439.
- Hashemi, S. A.; Shahrokni, S. A. N. and Badri, S. (2014)., Population parameters of thin spine sea catfish, Plicofollis tenuispinis (Day, 1877) (Pisces: Actinopterygii) in the north-western Persian Gulf off Khuzestan, Iran., Indian J. Fish., 61 (3), 7- 10.
- Menon, N. G.; V. N. Bande and Balachandran. K. (1990)., Population dynamics of Tachysurus dussumieri in North Kerala., J. mar. Biol. Ass. India., 32 (1&2), 129-141.
- Menon, N. G.; Srinath. M.; Appanna, Y.; Sastry.; Raje, S. G.; Zachariah.; P. U. and Feroz Khan, M. (1992)., Stock assessment of marine catfishes of India., Indian Journal of Fisheries, 39 (1&2), 65-84.
- Deepak Gulati, M.; Devaraj and Palaniswamy, R. (1996)., Stock assessment of soldier catfish Osteogeneiosus militaris along the Northwest coast of India., Journal of the Indian Fisheries Association, 1-8.
- Sawant, P. B. and Raje, S. G. (2009)., Morphometry and length weight relationship ofthe Catfishes Arius caelatus (Valenciennes, 1840) and Arius thalassinus (Ruppell, 1837) off Mumbai, Veraval and Vishakhapatnam coasts., Asian Fisheries Science, 22, 215-228.
- Wu-Shan Chu., Yi-You Hou., Yih-TsongUeng., Jiang-Ping Wang and Hung-Cheng Chen, (2011)., Estimates of age, growth and mortality of spotted catfish, Arius maculatus (Thunberg, 1792), off the Coast of Yunlin, Southwestern Taiwan., African Journal of Biotechnology, 10(66), 15416 - 15421.