Effect of variation in solid bed height on the pressure distribution during gas fluidization of solids
- 1Department of Mechanical Engineering, Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, Chhattisgarh, India
- 2Department of Mechanical Engineering, Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, Chhattisgarh, India
- 3Department of Mechanical Engineering, Vishwavidyalaya Engineering College, Sarguja University, Ambikapur, Chhattisgarh, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 6, Issue (7), Pages 7-13, August,26 (2017)
The present work has been to investigate the effect of increase in the static bed hieght of the solids on the pressure distribution during gas fluidization of solids in a stationery pool of liquid. The experimentations have been performed on a standardized experimental setup. Results show that increase in the solid bed height also increases the pressure drop across the bed. The pressure distribution along the axis of the fluidized column decreases with the increasing bed height.
- Epstein Norman (1981)., Three‐phase fluidization: Some knowledge gaps., The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, 59(6), 649-657.
- Walters J.K. and Davidson J.F. (1962)., The initial motion of a gas bubble formed in an inviscid liquid Part 1, The two-dimensional bubble., Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 12(03), 408-416.
- Maruyama T., Yoshida S. and Mizushina T. (1981)., The flow transition in a bubble column., Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan, 14(5), 352-357.
- Fan L.S. (1989)., Gas-liquid-solid fluidization engineering., Butterworth Publication, Stoneham, MA (USA); Butterworth Publishers, United States, OSTI Identifier: 6975781, 35-37. ISBN: 0-409-95179-X.
- Ellis N., Briens L.A., Grace J.R., Bi H.T. and Lim C.J. (2003)., Characterization of dynamic behaviour in gas–solid turbulent fluidized bed using chaos and wavelet analyses., Chemical Engineering Journal, 96(1), 105-116.
- Yang W.C. (2003)., Handbook of fluidization and fluid-particle systems., CRC press, United States, 239-240. ISBN: 0-8247-0259-X.
- Cui Z. and Fan L.S. (2004)., Turbulence energy distributions in bubbling gas–liquid and gas–liquid–solid flow systems., Chemical Engineering Science, 59(8), 1755-1766.
- Yang G.Q., Du B. and Fan L.S. (2007)., Bubble formation and dynamics in gas–liquid–solid fluidization—A review., Chemical Engineering Science, 62(1), 2-27.
- Kumar S., Arora A. and Chandra H. (2011)., Experimental investigation of gas-solid fluidization of spherical food material., CSVTU Research Journal, 4(1), 113-116.
- Kumar S. (2012)., Experimental analysis of terminal velocity of irregular particles., International Journal of Technology, 4(1), 33-41.
- Heino H. (2015)., Particle movement and mixing in three-phase gas-liquid-solid fluidized bed (Unpublished Master’s Thesis)., Aalto University of Chemical Technology, Greater Helsinki, Finland, 1-83.
- Kumar S., Arora A. and Chandra H. (2015)., Experimental investigations on variation in particle size on pressure drop during gas fluidization of solids in stationary liquid., International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, 2(5), 883-886.
- Kumar S., Arora A. and Chandra H. (2015)., Standardization of Measurement Process during Gas Fluidization of Solids in Stationary Liquid Using Gauge Repeatability and Reproducibility Methodology., Global Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies, 4(6), 156-163.