Effective utilization of construction and demolished waste concrete-review
- 1Kruti Institute of Technology and Engineering and Research Scholar Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, Chhattisgarh, India
- 2Department of Civil Engineering, Bhopalrao Pawar Govt. Polytechnic College, Dhamtari, Chhattisgarh, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 6, Issue (6), Pages 52-55, July,26 (2017)
The mass production of construction and demolition waste and it\\\'s deposition are creating serious problems in India. In most of the countries, applicability of construction and demolished wastes are restricted to non-structural concrete, pavements and backfilling. The recycling and reapplicability of construction and demolition (C&D) waste as an alternative to aggregates for the production of fresh concrete has attracted attention from the construction sector. Environmental benefits of using recycled aggregates are well accepted but it\\\'s wide application in major structural components is still restricted. This paper discusses rules for management and use of construction and demolition wastes. Innovative steps to reduce, recycle and reuse of wastes are also proposed in this paper. Construction and Demolition waste management is designed to promote development for sustainability, protection of environment and optimum use of natural resources. Promotional and confidence building measures are discussed in detail. Rules for effective utilization of construction and demolition waste by various government bodies are highlighted in this paper. Rules and suggestions for construction and demolition waste are also presented in research paper.
- Poon C.S., Kou S.C. and Lam L. (2007)., Inﬂuence of recycled aggregate on slump and bleeding of fresh concrete., Materials and Structures, 40(9), 981-988.
- Ahmed S.F.U. (2012)., Properties of concrete containing construction and demolition wastes and flyash., American society of civil engineering, 25(12), 1864-1870. DOI:10.1061/(ASCE)MT.1943-5533.0000763.
- Vázquez Enric (2013)., Overview regarding construction and demolition wastes in several countries., Progress of recycling in the built environment :Final report.RILEM, 37-137. DOI:10.1007/978-94-007-4908-5.
- Rao Akash, Kumar N. Jha and Misra Sudhir (2006)., Use of aggregates from recycled construction and demolition waste in concrete., Resources,conservation and recycling -Science Direct., 50, 71-81.
- Xiao J. and Ding T. (2013)., Research on recycled concrete and it, Higher education press and springer-Berlin, 7(3), 215-226.DOI:10.1007/s11709-013-0212-z.
- Dongshuai (2013)., Morphology of C-S-H gel :a molecular dynamic study., Advances in cement research, ICE publishers, 2-12.
- Joseph Kurian, Rajendiran S., Senthilnathan R. and Rakesh M. (2012)., Integrated approach to solid waste management in chennai an indian metro city., Journal of matter cycles waste management, 14(2), 75-84. DOI:10.1007/s10163-012-0046-0.
- Herrador Rosario, Pérez Pablo, Garach Laura and Ordóńez Javier (2012)., Use of recycled construction and demolition waste aggregate for road course surfacing., Journal of Transportation Engineering, 138(2), 182-190. DOI:10.1061/(ASCE)TE.1943-5436-0000320.
- Rahman M.A., Arulrajah A., Piratheepan J., Bo M.W. and Imteaz M.A. (2014)., Resilient modulus and permanant deformation response of geogrid reinforced construction and demolition materials., Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 26(3), 512-519. DOI:10.7061/(ASCE)MT.1943-5533.0000824.
- Qiao Pizhong and Chen Fangliang (2013)., Improved mechanical properties and early age shrinkage resistance of recycled aggregate concrete with atomic technology., Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 25(7), 836-845. DOI:10.1061/(ASCE)MT.1943-5583.0000759.
- Dhapekar N.K. and Chopkar D.M. (2016)., SHM of ordinary portland cement concrete structures using XRD., International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 11(9), 6128-6131.
- Dhapekar N.K. (2015)., Study of phase composition of Ordinary Portland Cement concrete using X-Ray diffraction., International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research.
- Dhapekar N.K. (2014)., Structural health monitoring of concrete structures evaluating elastic constants and stress strain parameters by X-ray diffraction technique., International journal of civil engineering and technology(IJCIET).
- R.U.M. (2015)., Recycling, Use and Management of C&D wastes., Indian Concrete Institute-Bulletin 01.