Performance measurement of different M-Ary phase signalling schemes in AWGN channel
- 1Department of Electronics & Communication, University of Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
- 2Department of Electronics & Communication, University of Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 6, Issue (6), Pages 19-23, July,26 (2017)
It is most important in design of digital communication systems to receive correct and errorless data at the receiver end with least SNR and bandwidth. The performance of M-ary PSK communication system is analyzed in terms of probability of error considering AWGN channel. The performance is compared for M =4, 8, 16, 32 in MATLAB Simulink environment. It is observed that SNR requirement for a given BER increases as M increases while bandwidth efficiency increases with M. Further M-PSK systems are bandwidth efficient and have large data carrying capacity.
- Taub Herbert, Schilling Donald and Saha Goutam (2008)., Principles of Communication Systems., Tata McGraw- HILL Publishing Company Limited, India, 321-341. ISBN-13:978-0-07-064811-1
- Sklar Bernard and Ray Pabitra Kumar (2009)., Digital Communications., Fundamentals and Applications, Pearson Education, India 30-33. ISBN:978-81-317-2092-9
- Proakis John G. (1985)., Digital Communications., McGraw Hill Book Co. Singapore, 156-171. ISBN:0-07-118183-0
- Malleswari Naga P. (2015)., Simulink Based Comparative Analysis of M-ary Phase Shift Keying Modulation Schemes., IJIREC, 2(3), 9-18.
- Kaur Harjot, Jain Bindiya and Verma Amit (2011)., Comparative Performance Analysis of M-ary PSK Modulation Schemes using Simulink., IJECT, 2, 204-209.