Designing and contrastive inquisition of spread-isolated and strap-combined footing underlying economical criterion and behavioural aspects pursuant to Chhattisgarh region in India
- 1Department of Structural Engineering (Civil Branch), Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, Chhattisgarh, India
- 2Department of Structural Engineering (Civil Branch), Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, Chhattisgarh, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 6, Issue (6), Pages 8-18, July,26 (2017)
Footing in civil engineering can be defined as structural rudiments that transfuse column or wall loads to the fundamental soil underneath the structure. Footing make sure that load transmission to the soil occurs without anomalize its safe bearing capacity, to forestall excessive settlement of the edifice to a tolerable limit, to denigrate discriminative settlement, and to prevent sliding and overturning. In this paper we have done an elaborative designing of spread and strap footings wherein the load effect is considered to be same. In order to antomize in a proper manner we have considered two isolated spread footings and one combined strap footing. The whole analysis of both footings is based on many parameters out of which most importantly our engrossment lies on the exercise based on economical point of view and on the behavioural aspects of both the footings. The observations taken are based on footings used in applicable places such as residential or commercial buildings surrounding the area of Chhattisgarh region, in India.
- Punmia B.C., Jain A.K. and Jain A.K. (2013)., RCC Designs, Laxmi Publications, India., ISBN: 978-81-31809-42-6.
- Ramamrutham S. (1981)., Design of reinforced concrete structers., Dhanpat Rai & Sons, India, ISBN-13: 978-81-87433-12-5.
- Edin O’Brien (2017)., Strap Footing or Cantilever Footing., http://www.abuildersengineer.com/2012/11/strap-footing-or-cantilever-footing.html, 06-03-2017.
- Apostolos Konstantinidis,Construction and Detailing, http://www.buildinghow.com/en-us/Products/Books/Volume-A/The-reinforcement-II/Foundation/Spread-footings, 08-03-2017., undefined, undefined
- IS 456:2000 Pg. No. 16,63,65,66 Table No.2.,clause 34.4 Transfer of Load at the Base of Column., undefined, undefined
- IS :1904-1986 clause 16.3 criteria for settlement for shallow foundation., undefined, undefined
- Edin O’Brien (2012)., Strap Footing[Drawing]., retrieved from http://www.abuildersengineer.com/2012/10/shallow-foundation-strap-footings.html
- Edin O’Brien (2012)., Spread Footing[Drawing]., retrieved from http://www.abuildersengineer.com/2012/10/shallow-foundation-strap-footings.html
- Punmia B.C. (2013)., Bending Moment and Shear Force., RCC Designs, 440
- Punmia B.C. (2013)., Reinforcement Detailing of Strap Footing., RCC Designs, 451
- Pradhan D.K. (2015) in Public Works Department Schedule for rates for Building Work, 2015, Raipur, Chhattisgarh, undefined, undefined