Identification of counterfeit currency in ATM using PLC
- 1Dept. of Electrical Engg, BIT, Durg, CG, India
- 2Dept. of Electrical Engg, BIT, Durg, CG, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 6, Issue (5), Pages 28-30, June,26 (2017)
Automatic teller machine (ATM) is used to provide money to the user as per the amount inserted by the user. ATM using PLC can be implemented using various devices or techniques for identification and verification of currency such as transistors, transducers, sensors and image processing technique. The present ATM\'s already use PLC for programming but the machines are not capable of identifying counterfeit currency and it\'s denomination hence changes with programming are needed along with some hardwares. In this research paper sensors and image processing technique are compared for identification and verification of currency. Identification of counterfeit currency is the major problem associated with ATM. The outputs of the sensors or image processing technique are given to the PLC and the operation of PLC is programmed to dispense money.
- Xerox Corporation (2006)., Magnetic ink composition, magnetic ink character recognition process, and magnetically readable structures., European patent specification, EP 2 390 292 B1. European Patent Office.
- Modi Shatrughan and Bawa Seema (2011)., Automated Coin Recognition System using ANN., International Journal of Computer Applications (0975–8887), 26(4), 13-17.
- Jain Vipin Kumar and Vijay Ritu (2013)., Indian Currency Denomination Identification Using Image Processing Technique., International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies, 4(1).
- Surya S. and Thailambal G. (2014)., Comparative Study on Currency Recognition System Using Image Processing., International Journal of Engineering And Computer Science, 3(8) ,7723-7726
- Yadav Binod Prasad, Patil C.S., Karhe R.R. and Patil P.H. (2014)., An automatic recognition of fake Indian paper currency note using MATLAB., 3(4), 560-566.
- Pradeepa P., Sudhalavanya T., Suganthi K., Suganthi N. and Menagadevi M. (2013)., Design and implementation of vending machine using verilog hdl., International Journal of Advanced Engineering Technology, 4(1), 51-53.
- Dua Aviral, Rustagi Chetna and Bhardawaj Avdesh (2014)., A Novel Approach to designing intelligent vending machines., International Journal in IT & Engineering, 2(12), 38-50.
- User manual / guidelines from RBI (2005), Counterfeit money detection, 10 Indian rupees note., undefined, undefined
- User manual / guidelines from RBI (2005), Counterfeit money detection, 20 Indian rupees note., undefined, undefined
- User manual / guidelines from NVE corporation (1998-2008), How gmrworks,gmr operation and GMR sensor catalog,79-82, undefined, undefined
- Caruso Michael J., Smith C.H., Bratland T. and Schneider R. (2011)., A New Perspective on Magnetic Field Sensing., Plymouth, MN and Eden Prairie, MN: Honeywell SSEC and Nonvolatile Electronics, 14-15.
- Bhurke Chinmay, Sirdeshmukh Meghana, Kanitkar M.S. (2015)., Currency Recognition Using Image Processing., International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, 3(5), 4418-4422.