A simplified overview of RFID systems and applications
- 1Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, CG, India
- 2Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, CG, India
- 3Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, CG, India
- 4Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, CG, India
- 5Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, CG, India
- 6Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, CG, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 6, Issue (5), Pages 24-27, June,26 (2017)
The Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology is among the most attractive topics of research in the industrial as well as academic field. Besides several applications several applications the cost efficient and reliable design of RFID systems is one of the co-existent and ubiquitous problems. The different components of RFID systems have been described in this article. The objective of this review paper is to focus on a simplified overview of involving basic concepts and applications of RFID sensor technology with a perspective to identify the crucial challenges involved in RFID systems. A brief exordium to the fundamentals of RFID System, the underlying technologies, followed by the comparison with barcode systems and applications of RFID systems will be useful for novices as a starting point towards developing applications based on RFID.
- Want R. (2006)., An introduction to RFID technology., IEEE pervasive computing, 5(1), 25-33.
- Chawla V. and Ha D.S. (2007)., An overview of passive RFID., IEEE Communications Magazine, 45(9).
- Krishna P. and Husalc D. (2007)., RFID infrastructure., IEEE Communications Magazine, 45(9).
- Cangialosi A., Monaly J.E. and Yang S.C. (2007)., Leveraging RFID in hospitals: Patient life cycle and mobility perspectives., IEEE Communications Magazine, 45(9).
- Preradovic S. and Karmakar N.C. (2010)., Chipless RFID: Bar code of the future., IEEE Microwave Magazine, 11(7), 87-97.
- Preradovic S., Balbin I., Karmakar N.C. and Swiegers G.F. (2009)., Multiresonator-based chipless RFID system for low-cost item tracking., IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 57(5), 1411-1419.
- Jain P.C. and Vijaygopalan K.P. (2010)., RFID and wireless sensor networks., Proceedings of ASCNT–2010, CDAC, Noida, India, 1-11.
- Xiao Y., Yu S., Wu K., Ni Q., Janecek C. and Nordstad J. (2007)., Radio frequency identification: technologies, applications, and research issues., Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, 7(4), 457-472.
- Meng Z. and Li Z. (2016)., RFID Tag as a Sensor-A Review on the Innovative Designs and Applications., Measurement Science Review, 16(6), 305-315.