Comparison of electrical output quantity of photovoltaic module through boost converter in MATLAB-simulink environment
- 1RCET Bhilai, CG, India
- 2Department of ELE, RCET Bhilai, CG, India
- 3Department of ELE, RCET Bhilai, CG, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 6, Issue (5), Pages 13-18, June,26 (2017)
Solar PV module is a conversion technology in which solar power is converted to direct current (DC) electricity and boost converter is a device which is use for enhance the DC voltage and current amplitude. Converter based solar PV module, requires two weather data, radiation and temperature in the form of input variables and the output can be voltage, current, or power. In this paper, stepwise process of mathematical modelling of converter based solar PV module are described, in which weather data (Irradiance and temperature) has been used as input and comparison of output between PV Module and Boost Converter has been performed that how the generated power of PV Module is increased by using Boost Converter. All the simulation work has been performed in MATLAB/Simulink environment.
- Nezami M.d. Manzar and Sarwar M.d. (2015)., Characteristic modeling analysis and simulation of solar PV module., Souvenir from IEEE INDICON, 1-6.
- ChittiBabu B., Samantaray S.R., Saraogi Nikhil, Kumar Ashwin M.V., Sriharsha R. and Karmaker S. (2011)., Synchronous Buck Converter based PV Energy System for Portable Applications., IEEE, 14th-16th January, 335-340.
- Bellia Habbati, Youcef Ramdani and Fatima Moulay (2014)., A detailed modeling of photovoltaic module using MATLAB., NRIAG Journal of Astronomy and Geophysics, 3(1), 53-61, www.elsevier.com/locate/nrjag
- Can Erol and Sayan H. Hüseyin (2016)., Different mathematical model for the chopper circuit., Original scientific paper, 10(1-2), 13-15.
- Modelling of DC-to-DC Power Converters, 11-58, http://springer.com/cda/content/document/cda_downloaddocument/ 9781846284588-c1.pdf?SGWID=0-0-45-436804-p156993917, Page-22 and 23, 09/03/2017., undefined, undefined