Study on flow characteristics of radial distributor of hydraulic turbine
- 1Dept. of Civil Engineering, MANIT, Bhopal, MP, India
- 2Hydro-Power Engineering, MANIT, Bhopal, MP, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 6, Issue (5), Pages 7-12, June,26 (2017)
The frequent change in electrical load on generator leads variation of speed of generator during operation of hydro power plant and thus affects the frequency. In hydraulic turbine, distributor is used to regulate and direct the water to runner. Hence it is required to maintain constant speed of generator to have constant frequency output. As hydraulic turbines are directly coupled to generator and to maintain constant speed, the discharge through turbine is varied. The radial distributors are axi-symmetric vanes which control and feed water to runner at desired angle. In present work, numerical flow simulation of radial distributor of a mixed flow Francis turbine is done for different shape of guide vane (distributor) and their opening. The flow parameters are computed by using results obtained from simulation and the effect of shape of guide vanes at different guide vane openings on flow parameter is analysed.
- Keck H. and Sick M. (2009)., Thirty Years of Numerical Flow Simulation in Hydraulic Turbomachines., Acta Mechanica, 201(1-4), 211-229.
- Daneshkah K. and Zangeneh M. (2010)., Parametric Design of a Francis Turbine By Means of a Three Dimensional Inverse Design Method., 25th IAHR Symposium on Hydraulic Machinery and Systems, IOP Conf. Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 12, 1755-1315/12/1/012058.
- Patel K., desai J., Chauhan V. and Charnia S. (2011)., Development of Francis Turbine Using C.F.D., The 11th Asian International Conference on Fluid Machinery and The 3rd Fluid Power Technology Exhibition, IIT Madras, Chennai, India, Paper ID: AICFM_TM_015.
- Khare R., Prasad V. and Kumar S. (2010)., Effect of Operating Regime on Hydrodynamic Parameters of Mixed Flow Hydraulic Turbine., Proceedings of the 37th National & 4th International Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power, IIT Madras, Chennai, India, FMFP10-TM-16.
- Ayancik F., Aradag U., Ozkaya E, Unver O. and Aradag S. (2013)., Hydroturbine Runner Design and Manufacturing., International Journal of Materials, Mechanics and Manufacturing, 1(2), 162-165.
- Viscanti N., Pesatori E. and Turozzi G. (2009)., Improvement of a Francis Runner Design., 3rd IAHR International Meeting of the Workgroup on Cavitation and Dynamic Problems in Hydraulic Machinery and Systems, Brno, Czech Repulic, 177-184.
- Rajoo S. and Martinez R. (2008)., Mixed Flow Turbine Research: A Review., ASME Journal of Turbomachinery, 130(4), 044001-10.
- Risberg S., Jonassen M. and Jonassen R. (2008)., Design of Francis Turbine Runners Based on a Surrogate Model Approach., International Journal of hydropower & Dams, 5.
- Muntean S., NINACI Ioan, SUSAN-RESIGA Romeo, BAYA Alexandru and ANTON Ioan (2010)., Numerical Analysis of The Flow in the Old Francis Runner in Order to Define the Refurbishment Strategy., U.P.B.Scientific Bulletin, Series D, 72(1), 117-124.
- Balint D., Campian V., Nedelcu D. and Megheles O. (2012)., Hydrodynamics Automatic Optimization of Runner Blades for Reaction Hydraulic Turbines., 26th IAHR Symposium on Hydraulic Machinery and Systems, IOP conf. Series: Earth and Environment Science, 15, 032014.
- Enomoto Y., Kurosawa S. and Kawajiri H. (2012)., Design Optimization of a High Specific Speed Francis Turbine Runner., 26th IAHR Symposium on Hydraulic Machinery and Systems, IOP conf. Series: Earth and Environment Science, 15, 032010.