Combining left and right palmprint for enhanced security using discrete wavelet packet transform
- 1Department of Electronics and Telecommunication, Bhilai institute of technology, Durg, India
- 2Department of Electronics and Telecommunication, Bhilai institute of technology, Durg, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 6, Issue (5), Pages 1-6, June,26 (2017)
The aim of present research work on palmprint recognition using discrete wavelet packet transform (DWPT) algorithm for palmprint feature extraction and ANFIS (Adaptive Neuro-Fuzzy Inference System) for palmprint matching. Biometrics based fingerprint, face, iris recognition has been investigated over many year. Palmprint recognition is an emerging technology in recent years due to the transaction frauds, security breaches and personal identification etc. compare to fingerprint, palmprint contain rich features like, principle line, wrinkles, ridges, and minute points, it provides high standard security. This paper developing multibiometrics using left and right palmprint images and gives higher accuracy then single biometrics system. Registered IITD palmprint database is collected from IIT Delhi, biometric research library. It consist 2600 images from both left and right hand. This experiment perform palmprint recognition for enhance security using IITD database. MATLAB have been used as the programming tool to implement and investigate the performance of the palmprint recognition system using image processing toolbox.
- Zhang D., Kong W.-K., You J. and Wong M. (2003)., Online palmprint identification., IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., 25(9), 1041-1050.
- Sun Z., Tan T., Wang Y. and Li S.Z. (2005)., Ordinal palmprint representation for personal identification [represention read representation]., IEEE Conf. Comput. Vis. Pattern Recognit., 1, 279-284.
- Rama J. and Malathi P. (2015)., A study on unimodal and multimodal Biometrics for a person identification., Image processing and pattern recognition, 36-40. ISSN: 2348-8549
- Xu Y., Zhang D. and Fei L. (2015)., Combining left and right palmprint images for more accurate personal identification., IEEE transactions on Image processing, 24(2), 549-559.
- Zhang D., Guo Z., Lu G., Zhang L. and Zuo W. (2010)., An online system of multispectral palmprint verification., IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas., 59(2), 480-490.
- IIT Delhi (2014)., IIT Delhi Touchless Palmprint Database (Version 1.0)., Database. (available online): http://web.iitd.ac.in/~ajaykr/Database_Palm”.htm. http://www4.comp.polyu.edu.hk/~csajaykr/IITD/Database_Palm.htm.
- Jain A.K., Ross A. and Prabhakar S. (2004)., An introduction to biometric recognition., IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. Video Technol., 14(1), 4-20.
- Dewangan Mamta (2016)., Effective Approach of Palmprint Recognition using PCA, DWT and Neural Network., International Journal of Digital Application & Contemporary Research, 4(10).
- Rajput K.Y., Amanna Melissa, Jagawat Mankhush and Sharma Mayank (2011)., Palmprint Recognition Using Image Processing., International Journal of Computing Science and Communication Technologies, 3(2), 618-621.
- Mehar Rajkumar and Kumar Kapil Nagwanshi (2014)., Fuzzy Logic Approach for Person Authentication Based on Palm-print., Transaction on Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, 2(4), 92-101.
- John Sincy and Raimond Kumudha (2014)., Palmprint Identification Based on Adaptive Neuro Fuzzy Inference System., International Journal for Research in Applied Science and Engineering Technology (IJRASET), 2, 138-142.