An Experimental Study of Low Frequency Vibration Assisted EDM in AISI 1045 Steel
- 1University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Rohtak, Haryana, India
- 2YMCA University of Science and Technology, Faridabad, Haryana, India
- 3University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Rohtak, Haryana, India
- 4University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Rohtak, Haryana, India
- 5University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Rohtak, Haryana, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 5, Issue (9), Pages 11-16, September,26 (2016)
This experimental study helps to analyze the performance characteristics of ultrasonic vibration assisted EDM process. The objective of the present work was to investigate the effect low frequency vibration given to workpiece which taken as an input factor with other parameters of WEDM on the cutting speed and surface roughness of machining process. This happened with the help of fixture and vibration actuator. By the help of this vibration unit vibration produced to the workpiece, this vibration removed the debris fast and our cutting speed increased. And with increasing speed the surface roughness minimized. The working ranges and levels of the WEDM process parameters are found from literature survey to investigate the effects of wire WEDM we use Taguchi Method.
- Garn R., Schubert A. and Zeidler H. (2011)., Analysis of the effect of vibrations on the micro-EDM process at the workpiece surface., Precision Engineering, 35, 364-368.
- Murali M. Sundaram, Ganesh B. Pavalarajan and Kamlakar P. Rajurkar (2008)., A Study on Process Parametrs of Ultrasonic Assisted Micro EDM Based on Taguchi Method., JMEPEG, 17, 210-215
- Singh Jujhar, Walia R.S, Satsangi P.S. and Singh V.P (2012)., Hybrid Electric Discharge Machining Process with Continuous & Discontinuous Vibration on workpiece., IJMSE, 2(1), 22-33.
- Singh Jujhar, Walia R.S, Satsangi P.S. and Singh V.P (2011)., FEM Modeling of ultrasonic vibration assisted workpiece in EDM process., IJMSE, 1(1), 8-16.
- Gunawan Setia Prihandana, Muslim Mahardika, M. Hamdi and Kimiyuki Mitsui (2011)., Effect of low frequency vibration on workpiece in EDM Process., Journal of mechanical science and technology, 25(5), 1231-1234.
- Jahan M.P, Wong Y.S and Rahman M. (2012)., Evaluation of the effectiveness of low frequency workpiece vibration in deep-hole micro-EDM drilling of tungusten carbide., Journal of Manufacturing Process, 14, 343-359.
- Jha Bhola, K. Ram and Rao Mohan (2011)., An overview of technology & research in electrode design & manufacturing in sinking electrical discharge machining., Journal of engineering science & technology review, 4(2), 118-130.
- Saini Parveen Kr. and Verma Mukesh (2014)., Experimental investigation of Wire EDM Process parameters on MRR of Ti-6al-4v alloy., International Journal of innovative technology & exploring engineering, 4(5).