Vibration Analysis of Railway Concrete Sleeper for Different Contact Condition using MATLAB
- 1Christian College of Engineering and Technology, Bhilai, India
- 2Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 5, Issue (7), Pages 46-55, July,26 (2016)
In this work Eigen frequencies of a railway sleeper with ballast beneath having voids at different positions have been evaluated. Before this evaluation a previous work in this field has been validated by an MATLAB program. Then, by considering five different types of void positions (five different cases of supporting), which commonly happen in sleeper and ballast interaction, the results for these situations are discussed. In order to clearly understand and interpret the behavior of the flexural modes, the shapes of them, for a simple theoretical case, are presented. To find out the frequencies of the sleeper and to find out the variation of 1st mode and 2nd mode rigid-body frequencies different MATLAB programs have been developed and through these programs frequencies for different void configurations with different void length have been calculated. The graphs generated show the variation of the frequencies for different void length.
- Knothe K. and Grassie S. L. (1993)., Modelling of railway track and vehicle/track interaction at high frequencies., Vehicle System Dynamics, 22, 209-262.
- Kumaran G., Menon D. and Nair K. (2002)., Dynamic response of rail track sleepers to moving train loads., Structural Dynamics, ISBN 90 5809 510X, 1185-1190.
- Dahlberg T. (2008)., Modelling of the dynamic behavior of in situ concrete railway sleepers., Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
- Kaewunruen S. and Remennikov (2007)., Investigation of free vibrations of voided concrete sleepers in railway track system., Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit, 221, 495-507.
- Ågård L. (1990)., Reinforced concrete sleepers - determination of resonance frequencies, modal damping, and modal shapes by use of experimental modal analysis., Swedish National Testing Institute, 43.
- Dahlberg T. and Nielsen J. (1991)., Dynamic behavior of free-free and in-situ concrete railway sleepers., Proceedings of International Symposium on Precast Concrete Sleepers, Madrid, Spain.
- Grassie S. (1995)., Dynamic modelling of concrete railway sleepers., Journal of Sound and Vibration.
- Gustavsson R. and Gylltoft K. (2002)., Influence of cracked sleepers on the global track response - coupling of a linear track model and a non-linear finite element analysis., Proceeding Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part F: J. Rail and Rapid Transit, , 216(F1), 41-51.
- Sakdirat Kaewunruen, Alex M Remennikov and Akira Aikawa. (2011)., A numerical study to evaluate dynamic responses of voided concrete railway sleepers to impact loading., 88, Proceedings of ACOUSTICS.
- Gruttmann F., Sauer R. and Wagner W. (1999)., Shear Stresses in Prismatic Beams with Arbitrary Cross- Sections., 865–889.
- Sakdirat Kaewunruen and Alex M Remennikov (2008)., Dynamic Effect on Vibration Signatures of Cracks in Railway Prestressed Concrete Sleepers., Advanced Materials Research, 41-42, 233-239.
- Sakdirat Kaewunruen and Alex M. Remennikov (2008)., Effect of a large asymmetrical wheel burden on flexural response and failure of railway concrete sleepers in track systems., Engineering Failure Analysis, 15, 1065-1075.
- Sadeghi J. (2010)., Field Investigation on Vibration Behavior of Railway Track Systems., International Journal of Civil Engineering, 8, 3.
- Traian mazilu, Mădălina dumitriu, Cristina tudorache and Mircea sebeşan (2010)., On Vertical analysis of railway track vibrations., Proceedings of the Romanian academy, series a., 11(2), 156-162
- Bian J., Gu Y.T. and Murray M. (2011)., Numerical study of impact forces on railway sleepers under wheel flat., 14th Asia Pacific Vibration Conference, Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Lam H.F., Wong M.T. and Yang Y.B. (2012)., A feasibility study on railway ballast damage detection utilizing measured vibration of in situ concrete sleeper., Engineering Structures, 45, 284-298.
- Sakdirat Kaewunruen and Alex M. Remennikov (2008)., Dynamic Effect on Vibration Signatures of Cracks in Railway Prestressed Concrete Sleepers., Advanced Materials Research, 41-42, 233-239.
- Georges Kouroussis and Olivier Verlinden (2013)., Comparison and analysis of environmental railway vibrations produced by different kinds of rolling stock., 20th international congress on sound and vibration (icsv20), Bangkok, Thailand.
- Bian J., Gu Y.T. and Murray M. (2013)., Numerical Study of Impact Forces on Railway Sleepers under Wheel Flat., Advances in Structural Engineering, 16.
- Rezaei E. and Dahlberg T. (2011)., Dynamic behavior of an in situ partially supported concrete railway sleeper., Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part F, Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit, 225(5), 501-508.
- Dahlberg T. (2008)., Modelling of the dynamic behavior of in situ concrete railway sleepers., Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part F, Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit, 222(4), 433-440.
- Sakdirat Kaewunruen and Alex M. Remennikov (2006)., Sensitivity analysis of free vibration characteristics of an in situ railway concrete sleeper to variations of rail pad parameters., Journal of Sound and Vibration, 298, 453-461