Analysis and Mitigation of Stress Concentration factor in Rectangular plate with Central Circular hole under Transverse Loading
- 1Department of Mechanical Engineering, Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg (CG), India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 5, Issue (7), Pages 33-45, July,26 (2016)
Many techniques are available for the study of stress concentration around holes in rectangular plates. The distribution of stress and deflection in isotropic and orthotropic rectangular plate with central circular hole under transverse static loading has been done by applying finite element method. The analysis has been done for different size of hole for two different boundary conditions. The models have been modified by applying two methods for mitigation of SCF. The finite element formulation have carried out in software ANSYS.
- Peterson R.E. (1966)., Stress concentration design factors., John Wiley and sons, New York.
- Fedorov A.P. and Popov. D. (1972)., Experimental Determination of the stresses and strains around a circular hole in a glass-reinforced plastic specimen., Mechanics of Composite Materials, 8, 1.
- Paul T.K. and Rao K.M (1989)., Stress analysis in circular holes in FRP laminates under transverse load., Computers Structures, 33(4), 929-933.
- Paul T.K. and Rao K.M. (1993)., Finite element evaluation of stress concentration factor of Thick laminated plates under transverse loading., Computers Structures, 48(2), 311-317.
- Mittal N. D. and Jain N. K. (2007)., The optimize of a square simply supported isotropic plate with central circular hole for reduction of stress concentration subjected to transverse static loading., Proceedings of ICTACEM.
- Mittal N. D. and Jain N. K. (2008)., Finite Element Analysis for Stress Concentration and deflection in Isotropic and Orthotropic Rectangular Plates with Central Circular Hole under transverse Static loading., Material Science and Engineering A, 498, 115-124.
- Rao D.K.N., Babu M.R., Reddy K.R.N. and Sunil D. (2010)., Stress around square and rectangular cutouts in symmetric laminates., Composite Structures, 92, 845-2859.
- Ozben T and Arslan N. (2010)., FEM analysis of laminated composite plate with rectangular hole and Various elastic modulus under transverse loads., Applied Mathematical Modeling, 34, 1746-1762.
- Ozen M and Sayman O. (2010)., Failure loads of mechanical fastened pinned and bolted composite joints with two serial holes., Composites Part B: Engineering, 42(2), 264-274.
- Kumar D and Singh S.B. (2010)., Post buckling strengths of composite laminate with various shaped cutouts under in-plane shear., Composite Structure, 92, 2966-2978.
- Rao D. K. N and Babu M.R., Reddy K.R.N. and Sunil D. (2010)., Stress around square and rectangular cutouts in symmetric laminates., Composite Structures, 92, 2845-2859.
- Chaudhuri RA and Seide P. (2010)., Interlaminar shear stresses around an internal part-through hole in a stretched laminated composite plate., Composite Structures, 92(4), 835-843.