The Technology of the Anthracite Combustion in Torch with Preliminary Thermochemical Preparation (TCP)
- 1Coal Energy Technology Institute, 19, Andriivska Str., Kyiv, UKRAINE
- 2Coal Energy Technology Institute, 19, Andriivska Str., Kyiv, UKRAINE
- 3Coal Energy Technology Institute, 19, Andriivska Str., Kyiv, UKRAINE
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 5, Issue (7), Pages 15-20, July,26 (2016)
A significant number of the TPP’s coal-fired boilers of Ukraine are outdated, have low efficiency and high level of emissions. It is necessary to find low cost way which helps to reduce usage of gas on TPP as supporting fuel and to reduce total emission of the nitrogen oxides. The 60 MWth burner that meets these demands has been developed in Coal Energy Technology Institute for 300 MWel unit. Experimental studies showed reducing usage of gas down to 3 times on Ukrainian anthracite. The burner operation was reliable in all load ranges of the boiler for 1.5 year. Environmental operation analysis showed that TCP burners’ installation could lead to total reduction of the NOx up to 20 %.
- Babyi V., Alaverdov P. and Barbarash V. et.al. (1983)., The effect of the pulverized coal pre-heating for outlet of the fuel nitrogen oxides., Teploenergetika, 9, 10-13.
- Volkovinskii V. and Tolmachev I. (1994)., Combustion of the low-grade coals with preliminary thermochemical preparation., Teploenergetika, 9, 42-48.
- Karpenko Ye., Karnenko Yu., Messerle V. and Ustimenko A. (2009)., Application of plasma-fuel systems at thermal power plants of Russia, Kazakhstan, China and Turkey., Khimiia vysokih energii, 43(3), 271-275.
- Dunayevskaya N. (1999)., The impact of the thermochemical preparation of anthracite dust for changing of its performances., Ecotechnologii i resursozhberezhenie, 2, 10-15.
- Bondzyk D., Dunayevska N., Kukota Yu. and Chernyavskyi M. (2005)., The research of pulverized high-ash anthracite combustion using preliminary thermochemical treatment., Novyny energetyky, 12, 24-29.
- Babyi V., Verbovetskyi E. and Artem’yev Yu. (2000)., A Burner with preliminary TCP of the pulverized coal to reduce nitrogen oxides., Teploenergetika, 10, 33-38.
- Shulman V. (2000)., Preliminary TCP of fuel as actual method of pulverized boilers improvement., Elektricheskiye stantsii, 10, 16-19.
- Korchevoy Yu., Kukota Yu. and Dunayevska N. et al. (2009), Method of coal torch combustion., Patent 42038, Ukraine, MKV F23D 17/00, 12.
- Korchevoy Yu. P., Dedov V. G. and Kukota Yu. P. et al. (2010), Burner for coal., Patent 51237, Ukraine, MKV F23D 1/00. announced on 28.12.2009; published on 12.07.2010, 13.
- The Ministry of Food Industry (1972)., Pulverized-coal and gas swirl burners and their structural configuration with furnaces., Methods of calculation and design: OST 24.030.26-72, M.: Mintyazhenergotransmash, 110.
- Schykin V. and Khalatov A. (1982)., Heat transfer, mass transfer and hydrodynamics of swirled flows in axisymmetrical channels., M.: Mashinostroyeniye, 198.
- Kukota Yu., Dunayevska N. and Nekhamin M. et al. (2012)., Industrial tests of TCP burner at boiler ТПП 210 А of Trypilska TPP., Energetika ta elekryfikatsiia, 2, 16-23.