An Analytical Study of the Trend Monitoring Parameters on Rolls Royce RB 211-535c Engines
- 1Department of Aeronautical Engineering, Hindustan University, Chennai, India
- 2Department of Aeronautical Engineering, Hindustan University, Chennai, India
- 3Department of Aeronautical Engineering, Hindustan University, Chennai, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 5, Issue (7), Pages 6-14, July,26 (2016)
The aim of this paper is to perform an analytical study on the performance parameters (shaft speeds, turbine gas temperature (TGT), Fuel flow, Vibration) of ROLLS ROYCE RB 211-535C enginefitted on aircraft VT-BDJ and VT-BDK operated by Blue Dart Aviation, India. The engine parameters monitored under cruise conditions from the sensors were collected from March 2013 to January 2014. The data presented in this paper gives an apparent method for an “early detection of deterioration” by analysing engine parameters and providing an early maintenance measures to be performed which will enhance the life of the engine. By analysing the trend monitoring data, it has found the RB211-535 engines are highly reliable and low maintenance cost.
- Liansheng Liu, ShaojunWang, Datong Liu, Yujie Zhang and Yu Peng. (2015)., Entropy-based sensor selection for condition monitoring and prognostics of aircraft engine., Microelectronics Reliability, 55(9-10), 2092-2096, DOI: 10.1016/j.microrel.2015.06.076.
- Zhongsheng Wang and Xiaolei Chen. (2011)., Condition Monitoring of Aircraft Sudden Failure., Procedia Engineering, 15, 1308-1312, doi:10.1016/j.proeng.2011.08.242.
- M. Provost. (1994)., The Use of Optimal Estimation Techniques in the Analysis of Gas Turbines., Ph.D. Thesis, Cranfield University.
- D. A. Clifton. (2007)., A Framework for Novelty Detection in Jet Engine Vibration Data., Proceedings of 7th Int. Conf. on Damage Assessment of Structures.