A New Hamming window Design for Improving Width of Lobes for Noise Removal
- 1Rewa Engineering College Rewa, Department of Electronics Communication Engineering, Rewa, MP, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 5, Issue (3), Pages 45-48, March,26 (2016)
Digital filters are used in communication systems. The Digital filter performance is important as a good result. Design of FIR (finite impulse response) filter satisfy demand condition is required. Maximum side lobe is minimized by Hamming window. The new window has a main lobe width approximately same as Hamming window. The new window has a wider main lobe width in proposed window. Digital Signal processing two main applications of windows is: Finite impulse response (FIR) and Fast Fourier transforms (FFT) from infinite impulse response (IIR) filters. Windows and FFT (Fast Fourier transform) analysis, both are decrease side lobes. So this effect is called ‘Leakage Effect.
- P. Ramesh Babu (2007)., Digital Signal Processing, 4th Edition., International journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering Research (IJETER), 3(6), 257-263.
- Antoniou A. (1993)., Digital filters. McGraw-Hill., Inc, NY, USA.
- Rowinska-Schwarzweller A. and Wintermantel M (2002)., On designing FIR Filters using windows based on Gegenbauer polynomials., Proc. ISCAS, IEEE, I, 413–416.
- Zierhofer C.M. (2007)., Data window with tunable side lobe ripple decay., IEEE Signal Process. Let., 14(11), 824–827.
- Saramaki T. (1993)., Finite impulse response filter design. Handbook of Digital Signal Processing., John Wiley & Sons, New York, United States.
- Deller J.R., Hansen J.L. and Proakis J.G. (1993)., Discrete-time processing of Speech Signals., 1st Prentice Hall, PTR Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA.
- Fredric J. Harris. (1978)., On the Use of Windows for Harmonic Analysis with the Discrete Fourier Transform., Proceeding of the IEEE, 66(1), 51-83.
- Proakis J.G. and Manolakis D.G. (2002)., Digital Signal Processing Principles, Algorithms and Applications., 3rd Prentice Hall, PTR Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA.
- Sonika Gupta and Aman Panghal (2012)., Performance, Performance analysis of FIR Filter Design by using Rectangular, Hanning, and Hamming window methods., International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, 2(6).
- Oppenheim R. Schafer and Buck J. (1999)., Discrete-Time Signal Processing., 2nd edition, Prentice Hall, PTR Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA.
- Dickey A.G. (2001)., Unispherical windows., Proceeding ISCAS, IEEE, 6 – 9, May, 2001, 2, 85–88