Performance Evaluation of Azimuth Position Control of a Giant Metre wave Radio Telescope in Matlab/Simulink using P and PD Controllers
- 1Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Bhilai Institute of Technology Durg, India
- 2Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Bhilai Institute of Technology Durg, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 5, Issue (11), Pages 1-8, November,26 (2016)
The proposed work focuses on modelling and simulating a control system for azimuth position control of a Giant Metre wave Radio Telescope (GMRT) for turning the input commands into corresponding output positions. GMRTs are large parabolic dish antennas established by National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (Tata Institute of Fundamental Research) in India. The GMRT system has initially been modelled and evaluation of the system performance (using a reference step signal) has been done by using Proportional (P) and Proportional-Derivative (PD) controllers.
- Agrawal D.C. and Maini A.K. (2005)., Satellite Communication., Khanna Publishers, Delhi, Sixth Edition, 176-181, 534. ISBN: 81-7409-144-0
- Okumus H. İbrahim, E. Sahin and O. Akyazi. (2013)., Antenna Azimuth Position Control with Fuzzy Logic and Self Tuning Fuzzy Logic Controllers., ISIISA, 477-481.
- IJ Nagrath (2009)., Control System Engineering., John Wiley & Sons, New Delhi, Fifth Edition, front end papers, 457, 728, 736-739. ISBN: 978-81-265-2153-1
- Xuan Liu (2009)., Antenna Azimuth Position Control System Analysis and Controller Implementation., Term Project, 1-21.
- H.A. Antosiewicz (1963)., Linear Control Systems., Khanna Publishers, Delhi, Third Edition Reprint, pp 175-186.
- Kumar Praveen (2011)., Current Status of the GMRT: Receiver System., , NCRA (TIFR), 1-2.
- CH Cho, SH Lee, TY Kwon and C Lee (2003)., Antenna Control System Using Step Tracking Algorithm With H∞ Controller., IJCAS, 1(1), 83-92.
- Sundari S. Mohan (2013)., Design of Antenna Pointing System (APS)-its Control and Communication Challenges., ICCC, 490-495.