Signal Conditioning for Residential Power Monitoring Applications in the Electric Grid
- 1Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 5, Issue (10), Pages 12-18, October,26 (2016)
This paper presents and analyzes analog front-end designs for the coupling of high-voltage and high-current bipolar signals to low voltage single supply analog to digital converters. The primary application is in the measurement of voltage, current, and power factor in single-phase residential power and energy meters that utilize microcontroller based architectures.
- Miller R.H. and Malinowski J.J. (1994)., Power System Operation., 3rd ed., McGraw Hill, Boston, 58-60.
- Depuru S.S, Wang L. and Devabhaktuni V. (2011)., Smart Meters for Power Grid: Challenges, Issues, Advantages and Status., Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 15(6), 2736-2742.
- Farhangi H. (2010)., The Path of the Smart Grid., IEEE Power and Energy Magazine, 8(1), 18-28.
- National Energy Technology Laboratory (2008)., Advanced Metering Infrastructure., U.S. department of energy office of electricity delivery and reliability, Retrieved From: https://www.smartgrid.gov/files /NIST_SG_Interop_Report_Postcommentperiod_version_200808.pdf.
- Hazas M., Friday A. and Scott J. (2011)., Look Back Before Leaping Forward: Four Decades of Domestic Energy Inquiry., IEEE Pervasive Computing, 10, 13-19.
- El Mechanics (2011)., Single Phase, Multifunction Metering IC with Neutral Current Measurement., ADE7953 Datasheet.
- Atmel (2016)., Understanding ADC Parameters., AVR127.
- ANSI (2006)., ANSI Std. Electric Power Systems and Equipment – Voltage Ratings (60Hz)., National Electrical Manufacturers Association.
- Atmel (2016)., ADC of megaAVR in Single Ended Mode., AVR126.
- Measurement Computing (2016)., Fundamental Signal Conditioning., White Paper.
- Regan T., Jon M., Zimmer G. and Stokowski M. (2005)., Current Sense Current Collection: Making Sense of Current., Linear Technology Application Note 105.
- Maxim Integrated (2016)., EPOT Applications: Offset Adjustment in Op-Amp Circuits., Application Note 803.