Seasonal changes of drinking water quality assessment in Kilvelur Taluk, Nagapattinam District, Tamil Nadu, India
- 1Department of Chemistry, E.G.S. Pillay Engineering College, Nagapattinam, Tamil Nadu, India
- 2P.G. and Research Department of Chemistry, Thiru Vi Ka Government Arts College, Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu 610003, India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 7, Issue (5), Pages 29-38, May,22 (2018)
Ground water is employed for drinking, industrial and agricultural functions throughout the globe. Within the past few decades, increases in demand for water because of exploitation and additionally increase of population. The present work is evaluating the water quality for the ground water of Kilvelur taluk, Nagapattinam District. Ground water is an important and precious natural supply for drinking other purposes in Kilvelur area. The current work, nearly ten sample water was gathered and analysis was done as per the standard method of APHA. The physicochemical parameters like pH, electrical conductivity, total dissolved solids, total hardness, chloride, nitrate, sulphate, phosphate, sodium, potassium and dissolved oxygen for calculating water quality from Pre-monsoon, Monsoon and Post-monsoon during the period 2014. These results were compared to the standard guideline values of World Health Organization. From the observation, it was concluded that some of the results exceed the permissible level of World Health Organization (WHO).
- Ambiga K. (2016)., Assessment of ground water quality index using at Tirupathi, India., International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, 3(2), 552-564.
- Jayanta C. and Sarma S.P. (2009)., Seasonal variation of drinking water quality with respect to fluoride and nitrate in Dhakuakhana sub-division of Lakhimpur district of Assam., International Journal of Chemical Sciences, 7(3), 1821-1830.
- Pawari M.J. and Gavande S.M. (2015)., Assessment of Water Quality Parameters: A Review., International Journal of Science and Research, 4(7), 1427-1431.
- Elangovan N.S. and Dharmendirakumar M. (2013)., Assessment of groundwater quality along the Cooum River, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India., Journal of Chemistry, 5, 651-654.
- Choudhary S., Ramteke S., Rajhans K.P., Sahu P.K., Chakradhari S., Patel K.S. and Matini L. (2016)., Assessment of Groundwater Quality in Central India., Journal of Water Resource and Protection, 8(1), 12-19.
- Jadhav S.D., Sawant R.S., Godghate A.G., Patil S.R. and Patil R.S. (2012)., Assessment of ground water quality of Ajara tahsil from Maharashtra., Rasayan Journal of Chemistry, 5(2), 246-249.
- Patil P.N., Sawant D.V. and Deshmukh R.N. (2012)., Physico-chemical parameters for testing of water A review., International journal of environmental sciences, 3(3), 1194-1207.
- Amanial H.R. (2015)., Assessment of Physicochemical Quality of Spring Water in Arbaminch, Ethiopia., Journal of Environmental Analytical Chemistry, 2(5), 157-159.
- Mahananda M.R., Mohanty B.P. and Behera N.R. (2010)., Physico chemical analysis of surface and ground water of Bargarh District, Orissa, India., International Journal of Recent Research and Applied Studies, 2(3), 284-295.
- Sarda P. and Sadgir P. (2015)., Assessment of Multi Parameters of Water Quality in Surface Water Bodies-A Review., International Journal for Research in Applied Science and Engineering Technology, 3(8), 331-336.
- Sagar S.S., Chavan R.P., Patil C.L., Shinde D.N. and Kekane S.S. (2015)., Physico-chemical parameters for testing of water: A review., International Journal of Chemical Studies, 3(4), 24-28.
- Chaurasia Sadhana, Tripathi Poonam and Sharma Tulsi das (2017)., Water quality evaluation of River Gomti at Lucknow (UP) India., Journal of Environmental Science, Computer Science and Engineering and Technology, 6(4), 428-438.
- Chindo I.Y., Karu E., Ziyok I. and Amanki E.D. (2013)., Physicochemical analysis of ground water of selected areas of Dass and Ganjuwa local government areas, Bauchi State, Nigeria., World J Anal Chem, 1, 73-79.
- Igbinosa E.O. and Okoh A.I. (2009)., Impact of discharge wastewater effluents on the physico-chemical qualities of a receiving watershed in a typical rural community., Int. J. Environ. Sci. Tech., 6(2), 175-182.
- Patil V.T. and Patil P.R. (2010)., Physicochemical Analysis of Selected Groundwater Samples of Amalner Town inJalgaon District, Maharashtra, India., Journal of Chemistry, 7(1), 111-116.