Study on seasonal variation of air mycoflora of kitchen as compared to outdoor environment of Jabalpur city, India
- 1Department of Post Graduate Studies and Research in Biological Science, Rani Durgavati University, Jabalpur, MP, India
- 2Department of Post Graduate Studies and Research in Biological Science, Rani Durgavati University, Jabalpur, MP, India
- 3Department of Post Graduate Studies and Research in Biological Science, Rani Durgavati University, Jabalpur, MP, India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 7, Issue (4), Pages 13-21, April,22 (2018)
The present approach aims to screen out the fungal load in different seasons in kitchen environment of Jabalpur city. The air sampling was conducted using Anderson two stage Sampler containing SDA plates. Different kitchen environments of Jabalpur city were surveyed every month for a period of one year (January 2015-December 2015). The maximum number of fungal species was recorded in winter and minimum in summer. Thus, the fungal count and frequency of particular fungi is largely dependent on weather and season conditions.
- Singh A.B. and Deval R. (2005)., Aerobiology of fungi associated with allergy., Mould allergy biology and pathogenesis, 105-136. ISBN: 81-308-0050-0, Research Signpost, USA.
- RodrIGuez-Rajo F.J., Iglesias I. and Jato V. (2005)., Variation assessment of airborne Alternaria and Cladosporium spores at different bioclimatical conditions., Mycological research, 109(4), 497-507.
- Frohlich-Nowoisky J., Pickersgill D.A., Despres V.R. and Poschl U. (2009)., High diversity of fungi in air particulate matter., Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 106(31), 12814-12819.
- Chowdhary P.N., Singh D.V., Chowdhary P.N. and Mathur N. (2000)., Manual on identification of plant pathogenic and agricultural importance.,
- Anderson A.A. (1958)., New sampler for the collection sizing and enumeration of viable airborne particles., Journal of Bacteriology, 76, 471-484.
- Anderson A.A. (1966)., A sampler for respiratory health assessment American Industrial hygiene., Asso. Journal, 27, 260-265.
- Subramaniam C.V. (1971)., Hyphomycetes New Delhi., ICMR. 930.
- Dennis R.W.G. and Cramer J. (1978)., British "Ascomycetes" Inder A.R. Ganter Verlag Kammand itgesellshapt., F.L. 9490, VADUZ Germany, 585.
- Ellis M.B. and Ellis J.P. (1985)., Microfungi on land plants. An identification handbook., Macmillan New York.
- Barnett H.C. and Hunter B.B. (1987)., Illustrated genera of important fungi.,
- Tilak S.T. (1989)., Airborne pollen and fungal spores., Vaijayanti Prakashan Aurangabad, 312.
- Dubey S., Lanjewar S., Sahu M., Pandey K. and Kutti U. (2011)., The monitoring of filamentous fungi in the indoor air quality, and health., Journal of Phytology, 3(4).
- Chakraborty S., Sen S.K. and Bhattacharya K. (2000)., Indoor and outdoor aeromycological survey in Burdwan, West Bengal, India., Aerobiologia, 16(2), 211-219.