Estimation of physico–chemical parameters of ground water in Kilvelur Taluk, Nagapattinam District, Tamilnadu, India
- 1PG and Research Department of Chemistry, Thiru.Vi. Ka. Government Arts College, Thiruvarur-610003, Tamil Nadu, India
- 2Department of Chemistry, E.G.S. Pillay Engineering College, Nagapattinam, Tamil Nadu, India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 7, Issue (3), Pages 37-40, March,22 (2018)
Ground water is the major role for drinking in Nagapattinam District. The current investigation, twenty bore well samples collected for investigation in Kilvelur taluk, Nagapattinam district. The parameters like pH, Electrical conductivity, Total dissolved solids, Total hardness, Calcium, Magnesium, Carbonate, Bicarbonate, Chloride, Nitrate, Sulphate, Phosphate, Sodium, Potassium, Dissolved oxygen, Biochemical oxygen demand, Chemical oxygen demand of ground water samples was determined. To compare the above parameter of the ground water samples with World Health Organization and Indian Council of Medical Research limitations it exhibit some ground water samples are polluted and others are within the permissible limits.
- Raja R.E., Lydia Sharmila, Princy Merlin J. and Chritopher G. (2002)., Physico-chemical analysis of some groundwater samples of Kotputli town Jaipur, Rajasthan., Indian J Environ Prot, 22(2), 137-140.
- Kalshetty B.M., Sheth R.C., Hiremath P.S. and Kalashetti M.B. (2011)., Physicochemical analysis of ground water samples of Jamkhandi town in Bagalkot district, Karnataka state., Int J Chem Sci, 9, 412-420.
- Gorde S.P. and Jadhav M.V. (2013)., Assessment of water quality parameters: A review., Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, 3(6), 2029-2035.
- Devi S. and Premkumar R. (2012)., Physicochemical analysis of groundwater samples near industrial area, Cuddalore District, Tamilnadu, India., International Journal of Chem. Tech Research, 4(1), 29-34.
- Dahiya S. and Kaur A. (1999)., Assessment of physico-chemical characteristics of underground water in rural area of Tosham sub-division Bhiwani district, Haryana., Journal of Environment and Pollution, 6(4), 281-288.
- Shrinivasa Rao B. and Venkateswaralu P. (2000)., Physicochemical analysis of selected groundwater samples., Indian J Environ Prot, 20(3), 161-164.
- Trivedy R.K. and Goel P.K. (1986)., Chemical and biological methods for water pollution studies., 2nd Ed., Environmental pub., Karad, India, 1-210.
- Ustad Imamuddin and Mustafa Gulam Farooq (2014)., Assessment of ground water quality in different villages of Naldurg, Dist, Osmanabad (M.S)., American International Journal of Research in Formal, Applied and Natural Sciences, 5(1), 48-50.
- Sangeetha S. and Selvarajan G. (2017)., Groundwater analysis of Mayiladuthurai, Nagapattinam district, Tamilnadu, India nearby municipal solid waste dumpsite., Int. Res. J. Environmental Sci., 6(11), 10-15.
- Yadav R.N., Kumar Navin Dagar, Yadav Rajdeep and Gupta Priyanka (2012)., Variability in physicochemical parameters of groundwater of north – east of the Bhiwadi industrial area (Alwar)., Journal of Current Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2(3), 198-208.
- Sangeetha S. and Selvarajan G. (2017)., Physico Chemical Analysis of Groundwater near Municipal Solid Waste Dump Site and Non Dump Site -A Comparative study around Mayiladuthurai, India., Research J. Pharm. and Tech, 10(10), 3483-3488.
- Selvarajan G. (2010)., Nagapattinam Water Quality Assessment, Monitoring and Mentoring with Various Adsorbent Treatment Measures., Ph.D., Thesis, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, India.